To continue to serve customer and market needs, today we announce multiple new features in Hillstone Security Management Platform (HSM), with the spotlight on the Hillstone’s SD-WAN solution feature included in this release. But before we divulge more on the belle of the ball – SD-WAN – let’s highlight in totality the salient new features included in HSM:
- First and foremost, Hillstone SD-WAN Solution: Hillstone’s SD-WAN solution provides centralized management, zero-touch provisioning, and superior quality of service (QoS) with active link monitoring for fast, simplified and protected SD-WAN networking. Details below.
- Ticketing System: this feature delivers a collaborative platform for cross-functional teams to quickly start services in the most efficient and quickest way possible. Operation and Maintenance teams can now manage work order requests through an automated, collaborative workflow that once passes a few criteria, will provide users with a set of APIs for effective third-party collaboration.
- Continued improvement in License Management capabilities: Importing your firewall licenses to HSM is now easy and fully functional. Admins can issue the licenses to the relevant firewall devices in batch in one easy step within the HSM.
And now, the solution spotlight: this new release of HSM includes Hillstone’s secure, SD-WAN solution. While SD-WAN adoption is fast accelerating in the market (growth is estimated at 30.8% CAGR from 2018 to 2023 to reach $5.25 billion, according to IDC’s SD-WAN Infrastructure Forecast), here is a primer on the technology:
SD-WAN is a software-defined approach to managing the WAN. Simple as that. Traditional leased lines are failing the needs of today’s digitalized, hybrid multicloud deployments. As it is, managing multiple connection types can be an ops nightmare; failing to meet service levels on app performance is an admin’s nightmare. Delivering secure connectivity to apps in the cloud is everyone’s mandate and in everyone’s best interest, to put it mildly.
Hillstone SD-WAN – Secure, Software-defined WAN
The Hillstone SD-WAN solution delivers on the promises of SD-WAN. It reduces overall costs as it is transport type agnostic across MPLS, 4G/5G LTE, and other connection types. Because it’s agnostic, it vastly mitigates the complexity of multi-transport and multi-cloud connectivity overhead and simplifies it through automation and cloud-based management. And, from an end-user experience, it improves application performance and agility (getting apps and services up and running per pre-defined policies and requirements is now a work order away). With network security at the core of its platform, the Hillstone SD-WAN solution delivers peace of mind that all communication across any cloud is encrypted and secure.
- Easy deployment with Zero-Touch Provisioning: SD-WAN helps multi-branch organizations to quickly deploy a secure, VPN network, anywhere. New branches or new business units can get up and running without the traditional delay in having someone onsite or having admins create and proliferate fine grained access controls. It includes:
- USB plug and play support via a USB disk loading configuration file.
- Centralized authorization management so that an authorized device automatically obtains authorization once online.
- Automatic version upgrades so that a device automatically upgrades to the specified version once online.
- Efficiency through centralized and fast deployment of services: Management and operational overhead is streamlined; branches and services can be deployed in batches:
- VPN service distribution and management is made simple.
- Lifecycle management of policies is centralized and policies can be deployed in batches according.
- Device and link status monitoring include equipment and VPN links displayed on dashboards for administrative ease.
- Exchange to Exchange (E2E) security is assured, including Firewall, URL Filtering, AD, AV, and IPS.
- Quality assurance for optimal end user experience. Secure app performance in the cloud is a big challenge for customers. Hillstone addresses this with:
- Application-based QoS policy and priority control to deliver the highest app performance based on requirements.
- Intelligent routing with application-based load balancing to ensure performance and quality of service.
Why Hillstone SD-WAN?
Hillstone’s SD-WAN solution delivers on the promise of SD-WAN – fast, simplified and protected SD-WAN networking from a company that fundamentally understands security. Download Hillstone’s SD-WAN solution whitepaper to learn more