The latest NIPS version 3.2.1 delivers an important update to help security admins better understand threats for more targeted action. This update launches a cloud-based threat intelligence push service, which helps users quickly grasp the security protection information of current hot threats. In addition, a series of threat detection and prevention enhancements are also included.
- Cloud-based Threat Intelligence Push Service: By pushing the industry’s most serious threats through instant pop-up windows and providing detailed information and solutions for threats, this feature helps Increase the admin’s knowledge of the threat as well as threat response capabilities.
- Anti-Spam Whitelist & Blacklist: Enhanced Anti-Spam capabilities using sender whitelists and user-defined blacklist including both domain and email addresses further reduce spam.
- DNS Sinkhole in Botnet C&C Prevention: By supporting DNS sinkhole configurations, this feature delivers improvements in Botnet C&C detection in multiple layered DNS scenarios.
- Intrusion Detection: Improved intrusion detection rate by considering the “confidence” attribute of signatures helps reduce false negatives.
- Monitoring: Monitoring functionalities are more robust with the addition of User Monitoring, Application Monitoring and Application Block sections.
- IPv6: Optimized IPv6 functionality with support for synchronization with IPv6 NTP servers.
- Threat Log: Improved the threat log readability by decoding URI and attack data information to reduce administrative overhead.