Hillstone Micro-Segmentation Technology Protects Every Virtual Machine, Enabling Fully Secured, Scalable Cloud Services Without Disruption
September 29, 2015 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
SUNNYVALE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Hillstone Networks, a leading provider of network security solutions, today unveiled CloudHive, a cloud security solution that leverages micro-segmentation to protect networks beyond the perimeter down to every virtual machine in cloud deployments. Hillstone CloudHive provides visibility and protection to all virtual machines, as well as East-West traffic. CloudHive reduces risk and operational costs, and enables secure cloud services at scale.
Hillstone Networks is aware of the diverse needs of large enterprises versus the SMB market. Hillstone’s solutions address and support the guidance proposed by Gartner. As Gartner indicates, “Security buyers should instead evaluate UTM devices based on the controls they will actually use, the performance they will get for those features, and the quality of vendor and channel (and managed services) support that is available.”
“With Hillstone’s CloudHive technology, organizations can now fully realize secure cloud services at scale through full visibility, control, and security across networks, down to the virtual machines.”
Hillstone’s CloudHive provides comprehensive protection that addresses today’s gaps left by perimeter security in virtual and cloud environments. Today’s data center needs a solution that protects the business from lateral attacks from within. Hillstone’s solution does just that; by leveraging micro-segmentation, it secures every virtual machine with Layer 2 to L7 security.
Key Features of Hillstone CloudHive:
- Achieve Unparalleled Live Traffic Visibility: All virtual machine access points can be monitored to provide visibility and control of traffic, applications and attacks inter-VM; which is the cornerstone for enabling East-West traffic control and protection. VM topology, traffic insight, application identification, as well as comprehensive log features allow Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) to meet compliance and security audit requirements.
- Reduce Attack Surface to Nearly Zero: Each CloudHive Virtual Security Service Module (vSSM) is deployed on a physical server, enabling micro-segmentation for inter-VM communication. East-West traffic is secured with L2-L7 security services, including firewall features such as policy control and session limits; advanced security features such as Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and Attack Defense (AD); as well as fine-grained application control. Real-time mitigation also blocks, impedes or quarantines active attacks.
- Effortlessly Scale Security Through Active Orchestration: On-demand security services can be applied to any and all new workloads and VMs through the scalability of vSSM. The deployment of vSOM enables unified security policy configuration for each VM. CloudHive supports vMotion to ensure security services persist in the event the VM moves.
- Improve Efficiency While Reducing Costs: CloudHive Layer 2 deployment does not impact existing network topology. It minimizes deployment and configuration overhead, without business impact or network interruption. In addition, the ease of management advantage of a single appliance reduces operational errors and improves overall efficiency. Total cost of ownership is also reduced as CloudHive security services do not need to update to VMware’s NSX.
“Security in the cloud remains a key concern for organizations and is a major reason some applications and workloads have not yet moved to the cloud,” said Tim Liu, CTO and founder, Hillstone Networks. “With Hillstone’s CloudHive technology, organizations can now fully realize secure cloud services at scale through full visibility, control, and security across networks, down to the virtual machines.”
Additional Features of the Hillstone CloudHive Solution include:
- Advanced security features across L2-L7
- High Availability design for service continuity
- Tapping model and inline model deployment
- L2 deployment without network configuration change or interruption easily managed as a single platform
- Wide range of virtualization platform support, including VMware, OpenStack
- vMotion support as well as dynamic address book
For more information on Hillstone Networks, visit www.hillstonenet.com.
About Hillstone Networks:
Hillstone Networks offers a broad range of security solutions for enterprises and data center networks – whether physical, virtual, or in the cloud. Hillstone solutions provide continuous threat defense not only at traditional perimeters, but also to internal networks, down to each virtual machine. For physical environments, Hillstone’s innovative security platform combines Behavioral Intelligence with high-performance networking, enabling organizations to find and stop threats in minutes, not months. Hillstone offers a complete virtual firewall solution for perimeter protection in virtual environments; Hillstone uses micro-segmentation technology to protect East-West traffic in the cloud.
Established in 2006 by NetScreen, Cisco and Juniper executives, Hillstone Networks is relied on by more than 10,000 customers around the world, including Fortune 500 companies, higher education, financial institutions and service providers. Hillstone Networks’ US headquarters is located in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit www.hillstonenet.com.
Paul Fernandez, 408-439-4828