SUNNYVALE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Hillstone Networks, a leading provider of network security solutions, today announced the new Hillstone virtual firewall solution, CloudEdge, based on its Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) technology, is now available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in standard and advanced editions. Hillstone CloudEdge is deployed as an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) gateway to provide an additional layer of comprehensive security protection for AWS customers. The Hillstone virtual solution integrates with multiple security services, including firewall security, application visibility and identification, VPN, IPS, QoS, SLB, and attack protection, to ensure security for cloud deployments.
New features and benefits from Hillstone Networks include:
- Dedicated Cloud Security Isolation: Hillstone Networks’ CloudEdge inspects all traffic flowing across the Amazon VPC; unauthorized access attempts are prevented based on user and application identification and control.
- AWS Service and Reliability: Hillstone supports Amazon VPC service maintenance through the integration of a snapshot backup of CloudEdge, enabling rapid restoration of virtual firewall services with the most current configuration, in the unlikely event of an appliance failure or system crash.
- Flexible and Affordable: Hillstone provides granular control based on applications, offers comprehensive reports on Amazon VPC traffic, and helps AWS users achieve the lowest cost for network security.
- North-South Traffic Inspection to provide the VPC network with dedicated security isolation via policy control, as well as granular access control, QoS, VPN, IPS and server load balancing to guarantee business continuity.
- IPSec VPN and SCVPN for endpoint and hybrid-cloud. Standards-based site-to-site VPN connections are established between the corporate local network, branches and the AWS virtual service.
- Server load balancing, helping businesses establish an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance.
“Hillstone CloudEdge provides strong security protection for various cloud environments,” said Lingling Zhang, Vice President of Marketing & Business Development of Hillstone Networks. “Our customers want easy-to-use solutions that are available for immediate purchase and deployment. The introduction of Hillstone’s CloudEdge demonstrates our focus on offering comprehensive security solutions that power and promote the customer business.”
Hillstone’s product portfolio addition of CloudEdge offers greater choice and flexibility by providing the ability to deploy a mix of hardware and virtual appliances operating together and managed from a centralized management platform. With more than 10,000 customers worldwide, this latest offering solidifies the company as a pioneer in enterprise network security solutions.
For more information on Hillstone Networks, visit www.hillstonenet.com .
RELATED LINKS AND CONVERSATIONS
- Follow us on our blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- View our resource library and our portfolio of intelligent next generation firewall solutions.
- Watch a demo.
Hillstone Networks offers a broad range of security solutions for enterprises and data center networks – whether physical, virtual, or in the cloud. Hillstone solutions provide continuous threat defense not only at traditional perimeters, but also to internal networks, down to each virtual machine. For physical environments, Hillstone’s innovative security platform combines Behavioral Intelligence with high-performance networking, enabling organizations to find and stop threats in minutes, not months. Hillstone offers a complete virtual firewall solution for perimeter protection in virtual environments; Hillstone uses micro-segmentation technology to protect East-West traffic in the cloud.
Established in 2006 by NetScreen, Cisco and Juniper executives, Hillstone Networks is relied on by more than 10,000 customers around the world, including Fortune 500 companies, higher education, financial institutions and service providers. Hillstone Networks’ US headquarters are located in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit www.hillstonenet.com.
Paul Fernandez, 408-439-4828