When new and improved technologies are available; or new developments have made previous versions obsolete; or when our end users, business partners and marketplace dictate, we will slowly make the older version no longer available for purchase. This is part of all standard product lifecycles. When our products EOL, we will strive to make the process as non-disruptive as possible, with advanced notice and a transparent process that makes the transition seamless for you.
Hillstone Networks EOL policy:
- EOS Announcement: All product EOS announcements will be made public 6 months prior to End of Sale (EOS) date.
- Support and Maintenance: In order for you to receive support and maintenance during the EOL transition period, you will need to have a current support contract that is in good standing with Hillstone.
- Software: The End of Support date for the Hillstone Networks Operating System, StoneOS, or Hillstone Software product is 36 months after EOS date.
- Hardware: The End of support for the Hillstone hardware is 60 months from EOS date.
- Service Renewal: The end of service or support contracts renewal is 24 months from EOS date.
Glossary of terms:
- End of Life: A set of processes and communications that make a product obsolete. Once obsolete, a product will no longer be available for purchase. It will not be built, developed, maintained, or supported.
- End of Sale date: The last date to order the product for purchase. After this date, the product will no longer be sold.
- End of Support date: The last day of the support and maintenance period.
- Hardware: The physical product and its physical components.
- Software: Hillstone Networks operating system software that runs on the hardware.
- Maintenance/Support: Hillstone Networks will release any software maintenance releases or bug fixes to the software during a given window of time, purchased by the end user.
EOS Product List
Jun. 1st 2015, EOS Announcement for Unified Intelligence Firewall (UIF)
Hillstone Networks is announcing today an End-of-Sale (EOS) date of December, 1, 2016 for Hillstone Unified Intelligence Firewall (UIF). In accordance with the Hillstone End-of-Life (EOL) policy, these models will be available for sale until the EOS date, with software support for an additional 3 years, until December 1, 2018. This extended 3-year support is contingent on the units having a valid and uninterrupted support contract.
Apr. 1st 2015, EOS Announcement for Hillstone M/G Series NGFW
Hillstone Networks is announcing today an End-of-Sale (EOS) date of October 1, 2015 for Hillstone M/G Series Next-Generation Firewall. In accordance with the Hillstone End-of-Life (EOL) policy, these models will be available for sale until the EOS date, with software support for an additional 3 years, until October 1, 2018, and hardware support for an additional 5 years, until October, 1, 2020. This extended support is contingent on the units having a valid and uninterrupted support contract.